As a teacher, I get tickled trying various teaching tools. I started overthinking my course offerings trying to keep up with the Jones’ and their cool high tech gizmos. I would spend a lot of my time learning the new tools and scrolling through tutorials and training on how to use the tools. Once I became a mom of six I had to find a way to streamline my work to still produce courses quickly. In the past few months, I’ve been using Google and I love it!
Why Use Google
Here’s why I use Google for everything:
- I can access my files from anywhere. Whether I’m at the park with my kids and have a great idea or I’m sitting at my desk logged in I can pick right up where I left off!
- It’s simple to use. No long time to learn how to use each program, it’s very easy to use.
- It’s easily convertible. I can easily turn my Document into a PDF and email to whomever I need. I can add it my collaboration folder for my team or send it to Google drive and share with my subscribers.
- I can work offline. If for any reason I’m in an area with terrible reception or don’t have access to the internet I can still work on my documents.
- I can use voice to type. This really increases my productivity because I like talking better than typing!
Continue Reading »
Recently you may have heard about my podcast The Called to Cultivate™ Podcast with Regina Coley or heard my invitation to join the Called to Cultivate™ Community and thought to yourself what is a Cultivator™? A Cultivator is a person who educates, empowers, and enriches the lives of others. A Cultivator can teach, speak, or write but it’s through this that s/he challenges others to dig deeper so they can grow.
I wanted to coin a term that accurately explained my heart’s work and the hard work of so many others. So the Cultivator was created!
Who Do Cultivators Cultivate?
Anyone you feel called to serve! It can be your own children, your co-worker, or you can organize and lead a group. Cultivators have a heart for service and helping others to reach and achieve their goals through teaching, writing, and speaking. As it relates to me I cultivate parents and educators on this blog but I serve young women and girls in the community. I find opportunities to teach in everything I do.
A great Cultivator loves to educate people. You can do this through speaking or writing. You can engage, inspire and motivate your students to learn. I truly believe everyone has something to teach but there are select few that are gifted to teach. In our community, we discuss both types of teaching and support you on the path to discovery for both styles.
A great Cultivator loves to inspire people. You wake up every day with a desire in your heart for people! You want to encourage people to strive for their very best. You want to serve as a role model for younger people and an aspiration for your peers.
A great Cultivator works to create change. I mean your ultimate goal is to make a difference. You don’t feel at peace knowing that there is something that can be done when you see a need. You are typically the initiator and are full of vision.
Am I Describing You?
If while you read this your felt a leap in your belly you may be a Cultivator! If you are wanting to step into this work then you’re definitely in the right space. You can hear more about the Cultivator movement in these places:
Teaching Tuesdays with Regina Coley is a new web resource for parents and educators to have access to tools to teach your children! Every Tuesday you will discuss a new strategy and tool you can learn to use to create change in your children’s attitudes, academic skills, and skill set. We’ll discuss how to overcome overwhelm and build confidence in your ability to teach.
Teaching Tuesdays with Regina Coley will be featured on Facebook LIVE Tuesdays at 11:00 EST/10:00 CST. Our first episode is scheduled for Tuesday May 15, 2018. I’ll be giving away a FREE gift within the first ten minutes of the show. To enter into the running be sure to share this post on your Facebook page and comment below!
Question: What topic do you want to hear discussed on Teaching Tuesdays?
“Building community partnerships to engage and monetize support of public schools”
by Regina E. Coley
I love listening to podcasts! My iPhone is constantly blinking “storage full” because I have so many media files on my phone. My interests are in becoming a better entrepreneur, steward over purpose and money and mom/wife. I figured I’d share with you what I’m currently listening to in the hopes that you’d find them helpful too.
1. Lead to Win with Michael Hyatt
2. SistaSense Success Podcast
3. Suze Orman’s Women and Money
4. At Home with Sally-Sally Clarkson
5. Making A Business
6. Stuff You Should Know
7. Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations
8. TED Talks Daily
9. REAL TALK with Rachel Luna
10. Redefining Wealth with Patrice Cunningham
Be sure to subscribe and share these amazing resources.
Check out my podcast as well The Called to Cultivate Podcast with Regina E. Coley where I help you cultivate your best business and best life. What about you? Comment with your favorite podcasts below so I can add more to my list.
“Many are called but few are chosen.” Matthew 22:14
I believe that there are a select few individuals who have been born into this world to do great things. There are so many individuals who know exactly what needs to be done to successful. They attend workshops, classes, and hear from powerful speakers but only a select few will actually do the work that needs to be done to truly experience success.
Become a woman of action and you will become a woman of success. The chosen ones are the ones who choose to accept the work and responsibility. The chosen ones are the ones who accept the isolation. The chosen ones are the ones who accept the process. Everything that is done comes with a conscious decision to make it happen. I can decide to eat pancakes or eat cereal for breakfast but the decision truly rests in my desire or hunger for that particular food. What you are hungry for determines what you eat. You are what you eat! What do you have an appetite for? What do you crave? Trust me if you want it bad enough you will through hell and high water to get it! That is the mentality of the chosen few. They do what needs to be done.
Your will never be satisfied until you satisfy your hunger. It’s time to sit down and feast! It is your season. You have been predestined to sit at a table and enjoy your harvest! Your name tag is already there and your chair is pulled out for you. All you have to do is show up! Are you going to be the woman who shows up or will you allow all of your excuses to keep you from receiving what has been prepared for you? You were created for this very reason and very purpose and you have been equipped with everything you need to succeed. You have received an invitation and you’re experiencing the stomach pains because you hunger for it daily. Let’s eat! Step up to your position as one of the chosen few. Don’t let those menial things hold you back anymore! Your harvest is waiting for you and your portion of your inheritance has it’s name on it. Go get it!
“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.” Ephesians 1:11
I hope you enjoyed that video. When I saw it for the first time I sat and thought about if I was truly doing the work I desired. I mean we all say there are certain things we’d do if money was no object, but seriously what would you do? Is it the work you’re currently doing or do you dream of spending your days doing something else? Do you find yourself at your job writing down tasks to complete later? Are you side focusing on your Book? Your Art? Your Music? That non-profit? Standing on stages sharing your message? Sitting on the couch chatting with Oprah?
Learning to disassociate your self worth from your net worth is the most essential thing you can do for yourself before taking this grand leap of faith.
What you are paid for has no baring on what you are worth as an individual. It doesn’t determine how great you will become or how lazy you will be. It doesn’t decide if you are working in the right field but it certainly controls your life. Money allows even the strongest of individuals to be controlled into saying “This isn’t something I’d continue to do if you chopped my salary in half.” So why are you doing it now? Money is NOT everything! Your sanity and peace of mind is everything. The legacy you pass on to your children, family members, friends, and community is everything.
We need more people who are willing to be more bold and truly live the lives that desire rather than succumb to the pressures of fitting into a mold. It’s better to have a short life doing what you enjoy doing, than a long life of misery! You can master your passions and the profits will follow. Do not allow yourself to suffer through trying to do what you think is the “American Dream” because the dream has an entirely new definition!
To find the right solutions you must begin to ask the right questions so my question for you today is: What do you desire?
Start where you are and begin to work on that dream daily. You deserve a life of satisfaction. Begin to design your today!
As a new leader, visionary or entrepreneur, your sphere of influence is your power circle. Influence is the effect you have on a group of people. If you don’t have a group of people you’re influencing then you aren’t leading. The goal of all leaders should be to increase their circle of influence and cater to the interests and needs of the people in it.
All leaders have a team of people who are dependent on their vision and leadership to guide them. This is your sphere of influence. Your energy should be dedicated to the vision, mission, and team. You should know what is most important to that circle and how you are reaching them. You need to know how your circle receives information best, and how frequently you need to connect with them to keep them motivated.
To tap into your sphere of influence think about this:
- Who is currently in your circle of influence? Who do you currently connect with consistently? Do you share the same values, career, problems? What attracts you to one another? Think about if this is the right group for you to sell your vision to. If not begin to think about who you need to add to your circle.
- Who would I like to add into my circle of influence? Maybe there are a group of professionals who you’d like to market your vision to but currently aren’t. You have to study places they frequent and who they tend to gravitate to. You’ve got to do what you need to to grab their attention, and once you’ve got it give them all you’ve got. They need to leave understanding who you are, what you do, and why they should care. Think about this carefully before approaching new influences. Work on creating your 30 second elevator pitch. That’s about how long it takes to garner the attention of new peers.
- What is most important to them? Know their values and principles. Know what problems they have, what makes them tick, and where they go to de-stress. You need this information to target and position yourself to be on their radar. Once you are speaking to them, you have a few speaking points of their interest and you can now transition into telling them more about you and what you do.
- How can I communicate what I know to that circle of influence? Once you initiate contact, how can you stay in contact with them? When you exchange business cards you can ask if they’d like to know more about the topic you discussed and get permission to add their email to your list. Now you have targeted exactly who you need to have on your list and you can win them into your circle of influence!
- Stay connected and add value. If you don’t have a list you need one. Let people know that you have something of value to add to their personal or professional lives.