Classroom Teachers get ready!!! Jumpstart your school year with a dynamic classroom website. Your classroom website should be the central spot for communications between home and school.
I’ll create a WordPress website for you that accurately depicts the grade level and subject you teach. Your site will include:
- “About the Teacher” page,
- Resources and Links
- “In our classroom” page which lists classroom expectations, standards for your grade level (printable), classroom handbook (custom one for you), digital copies of forms that you may need to have parents print out and complete on back to school night
- Classroom Contact page (with form that if completed will send you an email for easy access)
- Parent Volunteer page and electronic form
For an additional fee I can also set up:
- Remind (a classroom texting program)
- MailChimp (to develop an electronic classroom newsletter)
- Additional pages relevant to your school/subject/grade/personal preference
Order your website between now and July 10th I can create it for $50 which is half off my normal rate for you being a proactive teacher! (Hands raising the roof lol)
my pleasure to help.
As I was reading my bible today I came across this passage: “Speak up for those who cannot speak up for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice” (Psalm 31:8-9
The funny thing is I was going there to read about the virtuous woman so that I can learn how to be a better steward over what God has given me in my personal life like my husband, children, and home. But what was revealed to me was what I also need to be a good steward over and that’s my gift of speaking and serving and taking it further by representing the helpless.
When I read that scripture I immediately thought of speaking and advocacy efforts. The work that I do daily. The young people that I serve can be viewed as helpless and those that cannot speak up for themselves. The urban children of color I serve don’t yet realize the disadvantages they are already being exposed to in life and will have to work twice as hard to overcome, so they are being done an injustice. We have to be their voice in the community, in the government, in our places of worship, in our schools and homes.
They can’t articulate their needs and create powerful solutions, but we can. They can’t write letters to their government officials stating what laws need to be created or defended but we can. They can’t organize community efforts to establish groups of support for them, but we can.
We have the ability to do so much to represent those who are still learning themselves, their ever changing world, and their place in it. We have to see to it that they get justice; a world where they aren’t judged by the color of their skin or defined by the neighborhoods they grew up in. A world where they don’t have to fear playing in a park or walking to the store. A world where they are free to be themselves and feel free to expresss themselves.
We are their voice and it’s through the use of ours that we help them see the void to find their own voices. When no one speaks up it signifies acceptance. We are called to a higher standard in which we can’t regress and omit the gifts we’ve been given because there are people depending on us.
Here’s how you can speak up today:
- Who doesn’t have an active voice in the community?
- What body of people do you see consistently mistreated?
- Who is doing the mistreatment?
- What is the message you want to send to the ones causing the mistreatment? (In one sentence)
- What are the needs/problems of the body of people you’re going to speak up for?
- What are three solutions to that problem?
- How are you going to articulate the problem and the solution? A Periscope video? A letter? A series of blog posts? A series of tweets including the people who can help you?
- Now that you’re clear do it! Just one step from number seven. 😀
Question: Who in your community can’t speak up for themselves and what are you going to do to speak up for them?
Thank you for your service to our country. Thank you for humbly working hard, taking orders from your higher ups, training, and retraining, challenging yourself all for the sake of our country. Thank you for leaving or moving your family around the country and travelling at a moments notice. Thank you for risking your life for each of us.
Thank you for being so brave, courageous, fearless, valiant, heroic and daring. I understand that it’s not easy but in life ever is?
You are a shining example of what we should be everyday as we approach loves challenges. Your example of discipline and structure defines amplifies success. The very fiber of who you are is what we should infuse ourselves to be.
As a youth advocate our youth have so much many life lessons they can glean from you and skills that transcend their current experiences and knowledge. You’ve seen places their eyes may never see, you’ve heard things their ears may never know. They need to know their history, they need to hear your truths, and they need to know your names and faces I vow to do what I can to connect or shall I say reconnect the generations and bring things back full circle. You are not forgotten, I see you!!!
Your audacious attitude should be celebrated today and everyday,but today is for you. I honor you, I applaud you and thank you.
You may be asking yourself this question. I know I surely did when I was in high school and again when I was in college. I really wondered to myself what I could do to make a difference in this world or to change the course of someone else’s life. I’ve always felt powerful but overtime talked myself out of some of my greatest gifts because I was full of fear and doubt. But I knew I had something to contribute!
Who we are determines the way we live. It affects what we do, who we hang around, how we spend our time, where we go, and why we do things they way we do. But what happens to the person who isn’t sure of themselves and questions who they are?
In this day and age we have men who want to be women, women who want to date women, black girls who want to go natural because it’s the thing to do but don’t understand why, white girls lying about being black, and they’re confused. Life is confusing and confusion creates chaos.
Wouldn’t it great to know WHO and WHOSE you are? Wouldn’t it be comforting to know that your are wonderfully made, you have a purpose and a high calling? Wouldn’t it also be amazing to know that YOU (yea you) are not made to live a mediocre life but life abundantly? And wouldn’t it be even great to know that you are truly remarkable; one of God’s finest masterpieces?!
Can I tell you something? You are all these things and more! Coming from the Creator I know that I was mandated to create a space where people like you and me could come together and be reminded daily that we are exceptional and loved. So I created Exceptional University.
Exceptional University is a new membership site where we remind and restore YOUR remarkable. October 1st launched day one of the 31 Days to Restore Remarkable Challenge which is 100% free. Over the 31 days you’ll get a daily inspirational email loaded with the stuff you need to activate your exceptional life and be in the running to win weekly goodies!
You have the opportunity to join the private Facebook group and join in with other people who genuinely care for you and want the best for you! Life gets tough and you’ve got to be able to combat fears with faith, resistance with resilience, and sorrows with strength.
Come and build your soul and strength back up to the levels that God intended. It’s time to live your Exceptional Life!
Register for the FREE challenge over at exceptionaluniversity.com
In this day of instant information there is no doubt that you can perform an internet search and find everything you need to know about mentoring. However when I consult my heart about what the core of mentoring truly is there are several qualities that come to mind. When I mentor I have the goal in mind to have a lifelong effect on those whose lives I am impacting. If that resonates with you then check out these five traits of a memorable mentor.
1. Leadership. Mentors know the way and show others the way; this is true leadership at it’s core, and an essential trait of an effective mentor. Mentors also understand that it’s about serving others and equipping them with the tools and training needed to flourish both personally and professionally. As a leader mentors should set high expectations and walk alongside their mentees until they reach their new level.
2. Purposeful. Mentors who enter the relationship with a clear cut direction and a plan have the most effect. Every interaction, assignment, and meeting has an objective. But the difference between great mentors and exceptional mentors, is the greater understanding of pushing beyond the written goals and objectives they may have planned, to seeing that they can achieve anything they can conceive.
3. Anticipative. Great mentors are able to anticipate the needs of their mentees. Their gift of foresight is what’s needed for a mentee to truly grow in areas that they’re unaware of.
4. Empathetic. Empathy is the ability to see the world as another person, to share and understand another person’s feelings, needs, concerns and/or emotional state. Be able to identify your mentees way of thinking, feelings and attitude and how those affect his/her overall goals.
5. Orderly. When you are well disciplined it’s creates a model for self-discipline in others. Self-discipline is one of the hardest traits to develop but seeing how others model this will at the least give your mentees a positive example to simulate.
6. Passionate. Memorable mentors are passionate about their work. Passion drives excellent habits.
7. Principled. Operating with integrity is essential as a mentor. Everything that you do is built on the foundation of your principles and is a reflection of your principles; showcase them proudly.
8. Selfless. Memorable mentors show that success is not about fame, position or money. They are devoted to the cause and find ways to be helpful and loving. A famous saying says “I may not remember what you said but I will always remember how you made me feel.” Your mentee will never forget how they felt as a result of your selflessness.
9. Wise. Memorable mentors understand that it’s not about sharing knowledge but it’s about sharing wisdom. Wisdom comes from understanding and understanding comes from experience.
10. Authentic. Mentors have to possess a genuine love and spirit for people. They have to have a certain level of realness and relatability. Mentees want to have mentors who not only want to share their successes but their failures. Being authentic isn’t about being perfect, it’s about being real with yourself and sharing that with others.
11. Great Listener. Mentors have the blessed ability to listen and hear the needs, complaints, frustrations, and joys of their mentees. Through listening we truly learn about others and have a perspective into their world. Exceptional mentors are able to effectively tap into their mentees unspoken needs and guide them through meaningful conversations.
We all know that our purpose is what drives our day to day actions. Not only will your life begin to make SO MUCH more sense you’ll feel a better sense of urgency and appreciation for all that life throws at you. Every day is a walking journey in what it is we’ve been created for when you operate out of purpose.
Read these prayers out loud everyday for the next seven days and listen with your heart for what it is God is tell you you’re created to do.
Comment below with what you think your purpose is and be sure to scroll to the bottom of this article for a printable copy of the prayers.
There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel-that will stand.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I come to you as humbly as I know how. I am praying Lord that you use me to fulfill your purpose for me in the earth. I know that there are so many areas in which I am gifted and talented but I am asking for you to reveal to be my reason for being alive. I know that at any given moment I could gain and lose those talents but I know it says in your word that your purpose will stand. What is it you would have me to do? Speak Lord your servant is listening.
(Wait on the Lord. Be still and let Him speak to your heart)
Without counsel, plans go awry, But in the multitude of counselors they are established.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord I thank you and praise you for creating me for such a time as this and to fulfill your purpose. I pray today heavenly father for divine connections and opportunities for wise counsel. Bring people across my path who will help me to pursue my purpose. If I loose zeal due to challenges or become confused let it not be by accident or chance that I have timely and wise leaders who uplift and confirm what you have already spoken to me. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29: 11
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord I thank you that your thoughts are higher than mine, for that what I cannot foresee you already know full well. I thank you for hope and I put my faith and trust in you. Thank you for calling me to my purpose and ensuring the final outcome. You already know my thoughts and plans and I pray that they will always coincide with your Will and Way. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him who sent Me.
John 6: 38
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord be a constant reminder that this life is not about me but what you can do though me. Continue to use me as a vessel for your purpose. Send your angels to cover me from all hurt, harm or danger. I thank you God for you son Jesus and for Him paying the price for me. There is no way I can repay you for all that you’ve done for me but I just want to take a moment and say thank you! I know I don’t deserve all the mercy, favor, and grace you’ve shown me but you do it willingly and faithfully everyday and I just want to say thank you. Continue to provide your love, blessings and guidance. I know that Father knows best so I will continue to trust you. Mold me and shape me to your perfection. In Jesus name, Amen.
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8: 28
Dear Heavenly Father,
Let the words of my mouth and the thoughts in my mind be acceptable in your sight. Take charge of my thoughts both day and night, continue to order my steps in your Word. Teach me your will because I yearn to fulfill the call you have on my life. I want to be crafted to your divine design. I want to serve the people you have brought into my life and bring more souls to the kingdom. Continue to do a good work in me so that I may use the clarity you have given me to be a witness to others. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for planning my destiny. When all else seems lost in the world you have given me the guidance to continue with focus and a mission each and every day. Open my heart and if there is anything that is unlike you take it out of me Lord. I am your appointed servant and proud of it! Thank you for giving me a future. I thank you for choosing me and working on me so that I might prove myself holy and without blame before you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it? His hand is stretched out, and who will turn it back?
Dear Heavenly Father,
I thank you for you covering your hand over my life. When you began the plan in my life I have faith and confidence that no one can stop it. I decree that any plan of the enemy be annulled and destroyed. Let only goodness and mercy prevail in my life. Let me be a woman of resilience and always reign victorious in the end. In Jesus name. Amen!
Click Here for the Printable Version: 7 Days of Prayer for Your Purpose and Potential