Did you know I have an MBA in Project Management? One of the blessing of that degree is that I freelance projects for small businesses and individuals.
If you are thinking about taking one of the project or program management courses that I offer or exploring a career in this industry, you will be in for a career that is varied, with lots of job opportunities. With that in mind, read on to discover ten of the reasons why a career in project management is a good choice.
1. Flexibility – One of the main reasons why a lot of people desire a career in project management is because of the flexibility that comes with this. In a lot of cases, you will be able to spend time between your home and office, which is good for those who have a family or other commitments.
2. Working with other people – This is one career whereby you are going to be interacting with different types of people all of the time.
3. Transferable skills – Another benefit associated with project management is that it truly does open a number of different doors for you in terms of your career. This is because you will have skills that can easily be transferred to other careers. Not only this, but you can literally work in any industry, from financial services to construction management services, as all sectors have a need for project management.
4. You will deliver something useful and worthwhile – Project management can be incredibly rewarding because you will be able to see how all of the hard work put in amounts to the deliverables in the end.
5. You are always learning – You never stop learning as a project manager. Every project and every challenge represents an opportunity to better yourself and your team.
6. Introduce new things – There is something fun about delivering something new and fresh to the market.
7. Problem-solving – If you are someone that likes to solve problems and thrives when there is a challenge, project management is definitely the career for you.
8. New tech – Another advantage of going down this route is that you will often get to try new solutions before anyone else does. This means that you will be ahead of the trends.
9. You will lead a team – There is something satisfying about being a project manager and leading a team. You will get to inspire others and whenever a project is successful, you will have been the person to spearhead it.
10. The variety – Last but not least, one of the great things about project management is that no two days are ever the same. You will always have something new to tackle, and so it is not hard to stay motivated and interested.
So there you have it: ten of the benefits that are associated with a career in project management. If you like the sound of the above, what are waiting for? Jump start your career in project management today!
Questions? Email me Regina (at) reginacoley (dot) com.